Apostille for Mexico

Apostille for MexicoMexico is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention and any legal document destined for this country will require an Apostille from the California Secretary of State.  We authenticate more documents for Mexico than all the other countries combined.

Common documents we receive are: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Power of Attorney, Affidavits, Travel Consent Letters, School Diploma, School Transcripts, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, and more.

Below we’ll detail the certificate type and the reason why the certificate will be requested.  Please note that we authenticate certificates from all 50 U.S. States and the U.S. Federal Government.

Birth Certificate – If you were born in the United States and plan marry someone in Mexico or to establish dual citizenship, you’ll be asked to have your U.S. birth certificate authenticated by the California Secretary of State.

Death Certificate – In most cases, an Apostille on a death certificate proves to the Mexican government that this person is no longer alive.  This is usually the case for division of assets amongst family members.

Power of Attorney – This kind of document is generally prepared in Mexico by a professional.  We typically see English on one side and Spanish on the other.  These documents will need to be notarized in California prior to being eligible for an Apostille.  If you’re selling real estate or would like to give power to a family member to conduct business on your behalf, this is the document to do so.

Affidavits – Affidavits are sworn statements.  These documents also need to be notarized by a California notary or a notary from your State.  In the State of California, the notary will take an oath and attach a document called a California Jurat.

Travel Consent Letter – We’ve noticed that when both parents are not traveling with a child, a travel consent letter will need to be created and notarized.  It’s important to be as specific as possible to avoid any confusion or delays.  You can always find samples online.

Diploma – If a student has completed his/her classes in the U.S. and has decided to transfer the degree, an Apostille will need to be attached to a color copy of the Diploma.

Transcripts – This document is typically requested by a student who has not completed their course of study and who would like to transfer their credits to another school in Mexico.

Marriage Certificate – This document is typically used related to real estate or to establish dual citizenship.  This certificate may be used in conjunction with a birth certificate.  In this case, both documents will require an Apostille,

We’re available Monday – Saturday from 8am to 7pm to answer your calls.